Celebrating ten years of service to the SA veterinary industry 2002 to 2013
The Institute of Veterinary Practice celebrates its 11th year of service to the veterinary industry in South Africa. The success of the Institute has, in no small way, been due to the support and contributions made by our members in the sharing of their knowledge and expertise with fellow members plus the unfailing efforts made by the IVPD to introduce sound business principles to the South African veterinary industry whilst maintaining the highest standard of integrity and transparency.
To those practices that have not yet joined, the IVPD invites you to consider just a few of the benefits listed below, currently enjoyed by our members. Besides bringing together like-minded practitioners at our quarterly meetings and annual congresses, the Institute has:
• Negotiated through the Nedbank Group, special banking and card rates for members. (Compare your current credit and debit card rates with those enjoyed by our members - 1.85% on credit cards, 0.75% on debit cards and Amex 3%)
• Established the IVPD Provident Fund, which gives excellent benefits to member practices joining this Fund
• Started the IVPD Funeral Fund which offers a stand-alone benefit of R10 000 for only R19 per month to the level of staff in need of assistance
• Opened the IVPD Private investment Fund to members with those who joined from the start enjoying a 66.6% return on investment
• Developed educational courses for Practice Managers, Veterinary Nurses, Kennel Assistants in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town and most recently a Retail Management course held in Johannesburg and shortly to be offered to Cape Town and Durban delegates
• Entered into an agreement with PRS & Associates resulting in over R118 800 of bad debts being recovered for IVPD members in 2012 alone
• Negotiated short term insurance to include additional cover for Public and Products Liability – an important requirement due to the introduction of the new Consumer Protection Act
• Commencing in 2008, held annual Business Congresses with eminent speakers sourced from South Africa, Australia and the United Kingdom.
• Stressed to the SAVC the importance for veterinarians and their staff to attend business congresses and workshops resulting in the granting of full structured CPD points for delegates attending approved IVPD business congresses.
If you are serious about taking your practice to the next level, joining the IVPD is the most positive step you can take towards achieving your goals and growing your bottom line. Don’t delay, contact Erica de Groot for details on becoming a member and start enjoying substantial savings and receiving constructive business ideas and benefits brought to you by the leading business veterinary Institute specifically geared toward your industry.
Click here to read the IVPD's latest blog
More Associations & Links...